Thursday, July 29, 2010

Musa Leaves For VVV Venlo In Fortnight

Nigeria Premier League record scorer, Ahmed Musa, is set to leave the shores of the country in two weeks to team up with his new team for its pre-season activities.
The 17-year-old attacking winger is expected to leave for Holland few days after featuring for the Nigerian Under-20 side in the second leg of the African Youth Championship (AYC) qualifiers against Guinea in Conakry.
Musa disclosed that he is set to join up in the pre-season training of VVV Venlo in two weeks after playing for the Under-20 team.
“I should leave the country for Holland after the Flying Eagles’ match against Guinea. For now I am concentrating on the game against Guinea because we need to beat them so that we can reach the next round,” he told Naijaligue.blogspot.com in a telephone interview.
The former Jos University Teaching Hospital (JUTH) Football Club man disclosed that he will not be returning to Kano Pillars ahead of the new season after his year-long loan from Aminchi Football Academy ran out.
“I am not going back to Kano Pillars again. But I will not forget Kano people, the players, the coaches and the officials. They were very good to me and I enjoyed my stay with them. I will always look forward to go back there and help in anyway that I can,” he said.
Musa, who featured in 18 games for JUTH in the 2008/2009 season, said he would have loved to feature in the Super Four for the first time in his career but cannot do so since he is currently on assignment with the national team.
“I’d love to play in the Super Four but I cannot because I am in the camp of the Flying Eagles. I know Kano Pillars will do well without me,” he simply offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment